George Washington High School
Welcome to the home of the Eagles!
GWHS "ONE SCHOOL, ONE BOOK" SUMMER READING
Scythe by Neal Shusterman
Summer Reading Instructions:
- All incoming 9th-12th grade students and staff are asked to read the same book. For more information on this program, click here!
- Later this summer, several summer reading activity packets will be posted here. All students should choose TWO of the following summer reading packets to complete for the beginning of the school year:
- CHECK BACK LATER THIS SUMMER FOR PACKETS!
Some classes also have additional summer reading requirements:
- Click here for the 11th Grade AP English Language and Composition summer reading
- 12th Grade AP English Literature and Composition should read the following titles; accompanying work packets can be obtained from Ms. Thompson in Room 101:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
San Francisco Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal and/or Director of the Office of Equity (CCR Title 5 and Title IX Officer), Keasara (Kiki) Williams, at 415-355-7334 or email@example.com. A copy of SFUSD’s uniform complaint policy and SFUSD’s non-discrimination policy are available upon request.